Designing your artwork online
We do not currently offer a design service, so you must be able to provide your own artwork in the advised format. Our print system has been designed to be used by a professional designer, or someone who is computer-literate.
If you do not have access to a designer you can use our online drawing app to design your artwork yourself. You can create your artwork from scratch using the app and you can import any images or logos you wish to use in your print and add text, lines or shapes.
For each printed product you’ve purchased you can upload unique artwork. If you’ve bought several identical products you can choose whether you have the same artwork printed for use in each one, or a unique print in each one.
To use the same print in each product, click “ADD ARTWORK” and select the maximum quantity of units, then upload or design your artwork. To use different prints in your products, select the quantity, then upload and design your artwork, then click the “ADD ARTWORK” button again to add extra prints.
Adding an image or logo
You can add one or more images to your artwork using the Image tool. You’ll need to ensure any images you upload are the right size and DPI so they look their best when printed.
- Click the Image tool in the Tools panel.
- Click the dotted area and select your image. It may take a while to upload, depending on the speed of your internet connection. Click OK.
- The aspect ratio of the image you upload will be maintained.
Adding a coloured background
You can use the Rectangle tool to add a coloured background to your artwork. Use the Lock Position feature to fix this in place so it’s unaffected by layers placed on top.
- Click the Rectangle tool from the Tools panel.
- Click the Colour bar and select or enter your desired colour, then click OK.
- Click and drag the corners of the coloured rectangle to fill your canvas.
- In the Element Properties panel check Lock Position.
- Click the Text tool from the Tools panel.
- Enter in the box the text you want to display.
- Click the Text Colour bar to select or enter your desired colour, then click OK.
- Click the Font name and select the font you want to use.
- If the font selected has italic or bold variants, you can select them from the Font Style and Font Weight options.
- Enter the Font Size you want to use (you can change it afterwards if you guess wrong).
- Click Text Align to change from left aligned, centered or right aligned text.
- To edit an existing text box, go to the Elements panel and click the matching Text.
- Go to the Element Properties panel and change the settings.
- Your changes will appear in a second or two.
Moving the position of an element
- To move an element, such as a shape, an image or a text box, go to the Elements panel and click the name of the element until it is highlighted.
- Go to the canvas and hover over the element. Your cursor will change from an arrow to a hand to indicate that it is selected.
- Click and drag the element to its new location.
Moving an element forward or back
- Go to the Elements panel and click the name of the element you want to move.
- Click the Forward or Backward button to move the element forwards or backwards one layer.
- If you have multiple layers, you can use the To Front and To Back buttons to move the item all the way to the back or front of your layers.
- If you have a layer, such as an image or shape which is locked in position, the To Back button may hide your element beneath it. Click the To Front button to bring it forward again.
Deleting an element
- Go to the Elements panel and click the name of the element you want to delete.
- Go to the Tools panel and click Delete to remove the element from you artwork.
Deleting your artwork
- If you wish to delete your artwork and start designing again from scratch, go to the Elements panel and click each element to select it.
- From the Tools panel, click Delete and the element will be removed from the canvas.
- Work through the elements listed in the Elements panel until you have deleted them all and you will be left with a blank canvas and can start designing again.